You submitted your resume. You passed the phone screen. Now it's time for you to interview. Here are a few tips:
- Study the company before you interview. Not only is this company interviewing you, you are interviewing the company. Come armed with some questions regarding the company. This shows you truly have an interest.
- Practice questions you know will most likely be asked during the interview. Strengths/weaknesses, explanations of past experience, etc.
- Be on time! Better yet, come a bit early.
- Be friendly with all employees you may happen to run into before and after your interview. You never know who you may bump into.
- Dress professionally. You should always dress one step up from the normal attire of the position you are interviewing.
- Finally, be relaxed. Take some deep breaths. You will do great!
- The woman who blew her nose and lined up the used tissues on the table in front of her.
- The man who talked about an affair that cost him a previous job.
- The person who ate all the candy from the bowl while answering interview questions.
- The person who wore a hat that said “take this job and shove it.”
- The person whose friend interrupted the interview to ask how much longer it was going to last.
- The person who brought a copy of a doctored college diploma.
- The person who provided a detailed list of how the previous employer made him mad.